Now Hiring: Director of Education
Sharefest is hiring! We are looking for a new team member to fill the role of Director of Education.
The Director of Education will have responsibility for the operations of Sharefest’s Youth Leadership Academy programming (school to career; workforce development; service-learning; mentoring; alumni program; diversion education; middle, high school, and summer programming) including planning and development, implementation, and program management. The Director of Education will also be responsible for the training, development and supervision of instructional staff.
The Director of Education also provides support in the areas of communication, event planning, presentation support and general organization.
Responsible to: VP of Programming
Program and Staff Development – 50 percent
- Manages program implementation [objectives, outcomes, curriculum development, scaffolding, planning, and evaluation] and targeted staff development to enhance Sharefest’s Youth Leadership Academy. The Youth Leadership Academy consists of a Youth Leadership Council, Year-Round Youth Development Academy held at Continuation Schools, Mentorship Program, Alumni Program, a Summer Youth Development Academy. Monitoring the on-going improvement of programs/services and support to participants.
- Works with staff to develop and design service learning program components.
- Develop innovative Sharefest curriculum that effectively integrates students educational needs, mentoring, SEL, service learning and career interests.
- Train instructors and support staff on strong educational practices to support life skills, SEL, youth development and specific course content including but not limited to creative writing, leadership, purpose education, school to career, and service learning.
- Create relationships built on trust and accountability, and ability to develop staff to their full potential.
- Responsible for on-going monitoring and tracking all program improvements and administering program evaluations in accordance with grant requirements.
- Collaboratively work with all community and school partners (i.e., superintendents, principals, teachers, parents and students) to develop and grow YLA programming. Address and problem-solve issues that arise with our program partners.
- Work with team to establish and solidify Sharefest as a trusted source for delivering innovative and effective youth development and school to career programming for disadvantaged youth.
- Identify resources in the community to help support participants and Program Partners.
- Responsible for compliance with all operational policies and procedures.
- Conduct a Needs Assessment for future middle school programming that includes both school-site and center programming in conjunction with the VP of Programming.
- Seek out and pursue relationships with schools/parents/siblings/guardians for the potential partnerships for the middle school program.
- In collaboration with the programming staff, design and develop a robust mentorship program which includes career counseling, behavioral health for students, staff training, and program evaluation.
- Create a process to identify, recruit, screen, train, evaluate and manage mentors.
- Schedule and develop a curriculum with support for the mentoring program.
- Work with VP of Programming to ensure mentoring programs are designed to meet program outcomes and evaluate at regular intervals.
Administration – 30 percent
- Responsible for sophisticated levels of project management and the ability to manage multiple programming components efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in strategic planning, and operational and program improvement related to all youth development programming.
- Project manage multiple programs including all scheduling and logistics of programs. Maintaining the daily operations of all Sharefest Programming.
- Supervises the implementation of best practices, policies and standard procedures to improve the quality of services offered.
- Assists the VP of Programming in supervising the financial functions, including budgets used in grant writing.
- Manages program data collection and integrity.
- Offers assistance to recipient organizations, volunteer organizations, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, community stakeholders, staff, volunteers, vendors, donors, and community members.
- Provides written reports and documents for community partners, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, community stakeholders, staff, volunteers, vendors, donors, and community members as required.
Development and Fundraising – 5 percent
- Work alongside the VP of Programming to develop and nurture relationships with major donors, corporate sponsors, faith-based partners and foundations.
- Attend and participate in Sharefest’s fundraising events and activities when available.
- Provides support and assistance to the VP of Programming to attend public speaking opportunities to raise community awareness and grow donor relations.
Community Outreach and Advocacy – 5 percent
- Use strong public speaking and writing skills and a thorough understanding of marketing tools (branding, promotion, public relations, marketing, graphics, video, website and social media) to effectively strengthen Sharefest’s identity in the community.
- Network with related agencies, individuals, community organizations, government agencies, foundations, and churches with shared missions or concerns.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge and experience with curriculum development, writing, instruction, and assessment including in-class and distance learning curriculum
- Outstanding teaching, training, and mentoring skills
- Exceptional written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive correspondence.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong instructional staff leadership and supervision experience
- Previous experience with instructional staff training and professional development
- Ability to educate and lead students and staff
- Knowledge of how to build and implement systems
- Knowledge on how to build and maintain relationships
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Knowledge and awareness of credit recovery and continuation high school system
- Able to work well in a team environment, lead high functioning work teams, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Education, Social Work, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience with education-focused program management
- Minimum three-five years’ middle or high school teaching experience in underserved communities
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Experience working in positive youth development and trauma-informed care
- Experience in classroom management instruction and training
- 3-5 years experience of classroom instruction, leading trainings for staff and education professionals and implementing project-based learning
- Works as a team player within the organization and with Sharefest partners.
- Supports a total quality improvement approach to problem identification and resolution
THINK YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?